Thursday, April 27, 2006

Updates from SC

Raiden is now 8 months old - yeah! He's healthy and happy, he laughs all the time and/or coos, jabbers, makes cute noises. He's getting more personality every day and I eat it up. Previously I reported that he had started crawling backwards - he's found forward! But he's not actually crawling. He lies on his belly and 'swims' across the floor - quickly!! I need to rename him Shark because he can FLY across a few rooms at a time doing this. It's hilarious.

He still tries to chomp whatever food I'm putting into my mouth and he's lost all interest in the bottle (though he's still a ravenous nurser) and is starting to enjoy a sippy cup. He's also started enjoying cheerios. He pinches them in his chunky little fingers and pops them into his mouth and gums quite happily. He has 2 upper teeth and 2 lower, so maybe he's using those too.

We've also just transitioned him into a walker - which scared him to death the first time, he couldn't figure out why he was moving. Apparently it didn't dawn on him that his little feet could propel him. Also, today we bought a bath seat to sit him in rather than the small tub we were using in the sink. He's pulling himself into a sitting position from lying down and the small blue tub simply won't hold him any more. He's outgrown so many clothes that this morning we gave away about 10 kitchen trash bags full.

Grayson and Nicholas have begun their baseball games. Grayson lost his first game against another team - and wow were those boys (other team) focused! I was amazed at how serious they were about it. Cracking balls all the way to the fence and catching pop flies like little pros. Our team was more typical in the 9 year old behavior - bad news bears typical. It was fun to watch :) Grayson got a hit on his very first pitch, but the other team caught it near 2nd base and pitched it to first and tagged him out. I was still so proud that he HIT the thing that I was hollering like a lunatic. Nicholas' first game was rained out, so this Saturday we'll finally get to see how HE does. I can't wait!

I have been invited to interview for a position in Pennsylvania. I am from South Carolina, so I'm a little afraid of the weather difference. But the salary is double what I'm making now, so I'm more than happy to at least go for the interview.

I have also opened an account at http://www.myspace.com/chayton6 - I'm researching a book that I'm writing. If you'd like, please feel free to add me as a friend. I think I'm going to tie all of my little update accounts together somehow, but I'm not sure how yet. I've considered buying my name as a URL and linking them that way.

Have fun all :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home